Passive investment does not need to be hard, complex or time consuming.
I share here what I’ve learned with the goal of helping you become a better passive investor. I write about investing in index funds/ETFs for the long term with a focus on issues relevant to the European investor.
What people are saying?
“I have read some materials in the past regarding investing in ETFs but usually all was ending in confusion. After reading your blog I actually started investing.” – Martin D. (Bulgaria)
“The course taught me a lot and gave me the confidence to actually start investing. The recommendations for specific ETFs and reasoning why were the most helpful things for me. It was just enough for me to make an informed decision I could act on immediately” – Jiri K. (Czechia)
“You always break everything down with many examples and in plain language. I really like your tone and the way you explain things. Also, the fact that your guides are European-centered makes it very relevant for people like me to read what you have to say and act on it.” – Pasi M. (Finland)
Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send you new posts straight to your inbox.
- What is the percentage of Developed World and Emerging Markets for the Vanguard UCITS ETFs tracking FTSE indexes?
- Don’t buy an Emerging Markets ETF if your portfolio is small
- How to find out the true cost of an ETF: tracking difference
- Negative yields in European bonds are awful, but these bonds are still useful
- Should you use new funds like the Vanguard FTSE All World ETF and SPDR MSCI World ETF in your portfolio?
You just landed on this website and are wondering where to start? Below you will find a selection of some of my favorite posts on different topics related to investing in index funds and ETFs for European investors.
Introduction to investing in index funds/ETFs
- Introduction to Investing Course
- I want to invest my savings but have no experience. Where do I start?
- European companion guide to my favorite quick introduction to index funds
- What should I do with my savings?
- 8 things about index fund investing specific to Europeans
- What is an index fund?
- What are the European equivalents of 401(k), IRA and taxable accounts?
Brokers for ETF investing
- An overview of DeGiro
- An overview of Interactive Brokers
- How to choose a stock broker for ETF investing?
- What happens if my broker goes bust?
Index fund/ETF investment portfolios
- Simple Portfolio for European Investors
- My recommendations for equity ETFs
- Should I choose accumulating or distributing funds?
- A checklist for analyzing your portfolio
- How to choose an ETF?
- What are the EU domiciled alternatives to popular US domiciled index funds (SPY, VOO, VTI/VTSAX, VXUS/VTIAX, BND)?
Index fund investing in practice
- Which exchange should I use to buy ETFs?
- What is the difference between IWDA and SWDA?
- What percentage should I allocate to MSCI World vs. MSCI Emerging Markets?
- Which S&P 500 ETF should I pick?
- The step by step guide to investing in ETFs/index funds for European investors
- Como investir poupanças em fundos de índice (ETFs) para residentes em Portugal?