Passive investment does not need to be hard, complex or time consuming.
I explain in plain language the theory and practice of investing in index funds and ETFs for those living in Europe. My goal is to help you become confident in managing your investments.
My 5-star rated book “How to Invest in Index Funds” covers what you need to know and do so you can start investing. It covers both the theory and practice of investing in index funds for residents in Europe.
What people are saying?
“I have read some materials in the past regarding investing in ETFs but usually all was ending in confusion. After reading your blog I actually started investing.” – Martin D. (Bulgaria)
“The course taught me a lot and gave me the confidence to actually start investing. The recommendations for specific ETFs and reasoning why were the most helpful things for me. It was just enough for me to make an informed decision I could act on immediately” – Jiri K. (Czechia)
“You always break everything down with many examples and in plain language. I really like your tone and the way you explain things. Also, the fact that your guides are European-centered makes it very relevant for people like me to read what you have to say and act on it.” – Pasi M. (Finland)
“Throughout your blog I have learnt much more about passive investment than patreon subscriptions, books and other sources in the vast “ocean” of the net. Therefore, a big thank you for that. Please, continue what you are doing. The blog content is extremely valuable.” – Laurynas N. (Lithuania)
“I strongly believe that investing requires a good foundation of knowledge. One needs to understand the basics to be able to make educated decisions. Mário helps you to bridge the gap between the abstract concept of investing with the practical need of implementing your plans. You get introduced to real-life tools and financial instruments. The blog lowers the barrier of entry and I highly recommend it to any aspiring investor.“ – Maciej G. (Germany)
Sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send you new posts along with exclusive content straight to your inbox.
You just landed on this website and are wondering where to start? Below is a selection of my most popular writing. What do you want to learn?
“I want to invest my savings, but I don’t know where to start.”
My quick guide for beginners gives an overview of investing in under 10 minutes.
My free course introduces passive investing in short and easy to digest daily emails. It covers the fundamentals and the practical aspects of investing. This email course is a summary of a few parts of my book.
My book explains the essential concepts and steps for starting with passive investing while living in Europe. It is around 192 pages long.
“I know about investing, but I don’t know which index funds are suitable for investors in Europe.”
- Simple Portfolio for European Investors
- What are the EU domiciled alternatives to popular US domiciled index funds (SPY, VOO, VTI/VTSAX, VXUS/VTIAX, BND)?
- What are the best commission free ETFs in DEGIRO?
- A checklist for analyzing your portfolio
“I don’t know which is the best broker for me.”
- An overview of DeGiro
- An overview of Interactive Brokers
- An overview of Trading 212
- What happens if my broker goes bust?
“What should I consider given where I live”
- A guide to investing in ETFs while living in Germany
- How to invest in index funds (ETFs) for residents in Portugal
- What you need to know about investing in ETFs from a specific country?
- Tax advantages of accumulating and distributing funds across Europe
- Should I choose accumulating or distributing funds?
- 8 things about index fund investing specific to Europeans
Frequently Asked Questions about investing
- What are the European equivalents of 401(k), IRA and taxable accounts?
- Which exchange should I use to buy ETFs?
- What is the difference between IWDA and SWDA?
- What percentage should I allocate to MSCI World vs. MSCI Emerging Markets?
You can also find every article I wrote here.